walkin' in an autumn wonderland

Do these pictures ever look like they were taken in December! But no, this is what my backyard looked like early Saturday afternoon, just before Halloween, at the start of a ridiculously early snowstorm. Pretty, isn't it?

What wasn't so pretty were all the still-leafy tree branches getting bogged down by snow and snapping right off later on. There is a reason snow doesn't typically come before all the leaves have dropped! We lost whole tops of trees, but luckily nothing hit the house. The rest of my town looked a mess, too, but I didn't hear much about any major home damage. Instead, the main topic of conversation was the fact that the falling trees took out enough electrical lines to kill power to most of the area. Glad we got ours back Monday night. Others are still waiting on it, including schools and businesses.

We knew ahead of time that there was going to be some snow, and bundled up that morning to pick up some last-minute costume pieces. This cape may not look warm enough for wintry weather, but I'm pleased to say that appearances can be deceiving! It's at least as protective as any winter coat I've ever worn, save for the forearms. And here I thought I was making a silly impulse buy.

On a side note, if you've left me a message recently, rest assured that I'm not ignoring you. It's taking me some time to get through the backlog of work and blog-related communications.

WARDROBE:

cape: TJMaxx
leggings: Forever21
flats: Charlotte Russe
tunic: New York & Company
socks: gift
hat/scarf/gloves: borrowed

CAMERA:


Laura

The Cat Hag  – (November 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM)  

Wow, your backyard looks stunning, and you look so ethereal! :)

Hope everything is well with you, dearie.


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Anonymous –   – (November 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM)  

Your backyard looks like a dream. Stunning photos. Your outfit is perfect for the occasion. :)

LyddieGal  – (November 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM)  

Snow in october is so crazy! you look adorable in your cape and red accessories!

Chic on the Cheap

Meagan  – (November 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM)  

It's so hard to believe it's already snowing that much in some places! It makes for great pictures though and I love your cloak!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

Kara McKenzie  – (November 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM)  

Has anyone ever told you that you look somewhat like Fiona Apple? You have lovely eyes. They remind me of hers. :)

Cheers,
Kara of Fancy That Vintage

white witch Hi_D  – (December 13, 2011 at 4:50 AM)  

Wow... It snows as early as November there? That's pretty cool. Where I live, it doesn't snow at all so I've never seen snow before.
It looks wonderful in your photos...
Plus your cape is really cute...
Found you on FTLOB's Look Book...

Hi_D

http://cuterandomthings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP