through a lens, blurrily

Some bizarre things happening with the lighting in today's unusually gorgeous weather, as evidenced by that last photo. But that's not my major frustration with taking photos lately.

Normally my sister's camera (your basic Canon Rebel XSi) is great, but now it rarely wants to focus on subjects in anything but a closeup. Sometimes everything, back and foreground, is blurry. Had to do a lot of work on that first photo to get it looking vaguely in-focus! The weird thing, too, is that it's not all the time--one out of thirty shots will be shockingly crisp in comparison. Wonder if it's likely to be a problem with the lens or with the computer part.

This is especially annoying when I'm behind the lens, since I can already add "user error" to the list of likely issues. Shaky hands, not so awesome for photography. Thank goodness I'm not usually the one in charge of taking pictures here.

Also, if you hadn't noticed, I've added a Facebook link to the menu bar at the top of the page. Yep, finally got around to making a page for this blog. I know some people prefer to get their updates over there, so feel free to hop on over if you like.

WARDROBE:

dress/flats/socks: Charlotte Russe
leggings: JCPenney
cardigan/sunglasses: Target
bag: Liz Claiborne

CAMERA:

Laura of the steadier hands

Unknown  – (November 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM)  

great shots, but ı understand about the camera woes, ı also have a camera that loves doing the whole weird focus thing. ^^ I love the buttons at the bottom of your pants.

yiqin;  – (November 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM)  

i LOVE the color of your bag <3

LyddieGal  – (November 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM)  

Hope you figure out the cause of your camera troubles - and i love your turquoise bag!

Chic on the Cheap

joy  – (November 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM)  

Nice outfit, your dress is so pretty!

Kassi  – (November 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM)  

Love the dress with the bright bag! Looks great.

My blog is all about affordable fashion - check it out if you would like :)

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

white witch Hi_D  – (December 13, 2011 at 4:56 AM)  

Ha! Found you on FTLOB's Look Book again!
*smiles*
Just blog hoppin'...
Your dress looks really pretty... I want something like that... And your bag adds a little color to the whole outfit. Nice touch...
And cool sunglasses...

Hi_D

http://cuterandomthings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP