the fashion retrospectograph: that's some fly ride, george

I have very little context for this photo, which I came across in my grandmother's family albums, but I thought you guys might appreciate the early 20th century driving outfits (designed to keep out the dust and exhaust, which was probably considerable.) Not to mention that totally fine car. I mean, I wouldn't want to be racing in it like this group, since safety glass hadn't been invented yet, but wow indeed.

The only person I recognize in the picture is the seated man in the middle, wearing the cabbie/newsboy cap. That's George Keen, the husband of my last Retrospectograph subject.

View a larger version of the picture here.

LyddieGal  – (November 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM)  

I love old photographs. I think they are so much more interesting than current ones, and I sometimes fear that my grandchildren wont get that same feeling when they look at any of the photos i'm taking now. assuming prints ever even get made of the photos i'm taking now....

Chic on the Cheap

Anonymous –   – (November 18, 2011 at 3:06 AM)  

I love old photos. Even if you don't know who the people are, it seems they are holding a secret. It is surely why it took me ages to move to a digital camera and why I don't like to transform my photos. All is in the instant and the instant is precious.
Visiting from FTLOB. Have a lovely day!

Bonnie  – (November 18, 2011 at 6:55 AM)  

Their driving outfits look better than the standard sweatpants and Ugg boot combination that you see now.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

My Life as Whitney  – (November 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM)  

I adore old pictures photos like this! My mom has a ton of my grandmother and they are my favorite! XO

Anonymous –   – (November 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM)  

That's a really cool picture!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower here.

Alida Sharp  – (November 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM)  

I love old photos...and those outfits are great!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP