before the storm

Considering we might not have such a great-looking backyard space after Sunday's impending storm o' doom, Laura and I thought it might be a good time to get in an outfit post. Tomorrow we'll be taking in all the yard furniture and trying to stake some of the plants. I'd fear for my baby fruit trees and the new rose plants, but I should probably worry more about the giant trees that stick up through the middle of the deck and tower over the house! (No, that's not them in the pictures. They're each at least twice as large as those trees. In fact, they're so big that they nearly crack the deck boards every time the wind blows...)

This is why it's important, when deciding to plant trees, to think about how they'll look in 30 years.

Speaking of looking your age, today it was impressed upon me that no one would peg me as 29. What was news is that apparently I look young enough to not even be 21. Er...I guess this whole long hair + minimal makeup + dressing cute thing is exacerbating the short stature + big eyes thing. Welp.

Ugh, I just remembered that the squirrels we raised last spring, who come home to visit sometimes, will be out there on their own in the storm. Like I need to worry about more pets.

Anyway, hope everyone in the affected storm areas is prepped and ready for it.

WARDROBE:
cardigan: Mossimo for Target
camisole: Tommy Hilfiger
skirt/shoes/socks: Charlotte Russe
bag: Liz Claiborne
necklace: vintage brooch
ring: gift

CAMERA:
Laura

Shara  – (August 27, 2011 at 4:44 AM)  

very nice pics girl:) want to invite you to check out my asos giveaway..best wishes La Folie 

Marija - Victima Perfecta  – (August 27, 2011 at 5:14 AM)  

Bag is very cute :) I also love the shoes and the necklace!
The umbrella detail is lovely ;))
I like this post!

Anonymous –   – (August 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM)  

Great, I love the colors! :)

The Cat Hag  – (August 28, 2011 at 4:14 PM)  

This outfit is so cute, and there are so many pretty details!

I absolutely adore your necklace, little red ballerinas and that fantastic parasol! <3


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

Amber  – (August 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM)  

cute outfit, love the color combo and your pretty umbrella. Yeah the CT news stations went a little overboard with their coverage of the storm. Glad to hear you didnt get the brunt of the storm either.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP