color me cute. but not *too* cute

Wardrobe:
cardigan: Target
skirt and flats: Charlotte Russe
camisole: old enough that I haven't a clue
sunglasses: Windsor

Makeup:
lipstick: Covergirl 305: hot passion

Camera:
Laura

Guest Starring:
a very angry little Dove

I love all my little critters, but some of them, they are not so photogenic. Case in point: those two pictures were the best we could get of The Dove today. Now, this is a guinea pig with a permanent frown anyway, but add sunlight and the noise of a clicking camera...well, I probably should have expected these squinty, grumpy results. (Especially squinty. Sunlight is a killer on me, too, and I don't even have the excuse of pink-colored eyes.) Sorry, little marshmallow.

Don't want to bore you all with my ramblings about the group social dynamics of guinea pigs, but The Dove is one of those oddballs that doesn't quite fit in. By this I mean that she wants to live with other pigs, but also gets really cranky about it and enjoys making random sneak attacks on the others if they happen to walk by her. Not as dominance battles, either, as she's nowhere near being the dominant female. Just out of pure grouchiness. Sometimes she frolicks happily afterward. There is something deeply wrong with you, The Dove.

(And yes, her name is The Dove. Or sometimes my Dove, or little Dove. Never just "Dove." Don't ask why.)

Apologies for the title; I'm deep into a Daria marathon and can't. stop. quoting.

Conny  – (August 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM)  

Awww your guinea pig is sooo cute! Some years ago I had one too but it got really sick :( These animals are really gorgeous, so squirly and you always can have fun with them. And they're so curious! By the way, I love the header of your blog, it's so simple and clean, like the whole layout. Great! I'm now a reader of your blog, I hope you'll check out mine too? :) Have a nice weekend!

Secret Stylist  – (August 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM)  

Oh my god that ring is amazing!

www.helensecretstylist.blogspot.com

The Cat Hag  – (August 8, 2011 at 1:01 AM)  

Hehe, I am in love with The Dove!!!! She looks so cute, and her grouchiness reminds me of myself!! ♥♥

I love your little critters, they are such a delight to see!! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

lillie  – (August 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM)  

Your guinea pig is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!! Lovely, bright, colourful outfit! :) x

Unknown  – (August 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM)  

that fluffy thing is adorable!!!! lovely red top :)

http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Blue  – (August 10, 2011 at 12:28 AM)  

The Dove is incredibly cute! Gotta love the weird ones.
And I love your skirt! (Which is not weird at all!!!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP