style me: black maxi skirt


I love this maxi skirt like burning. However, I could use a little help styling it. Here's the problem: In my perhaps foolish desire for pre-1940s silhouettes, I want to wear it all romantic and high-waisted, but can't come up with a top style that works. Suggestions?

I can't tell if part of the silhouette problem is that the waistband is too big to wear that high...even though it's pretty small, it really only fits snugly around the hips. At the time, didn't think I'd need to go smaller, sheesh. Why is it that, depending on the store, I'm anywhere from XS to XL? This should not be. Juniors sizing, you have forsaken me. And I am not yet ready to venture into the strange land that is Misses Petite.

Chicca  – (May 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM)  

You have styled this maxi skirt in a great way!!!Love it!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Anula  – (May 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

You look gorgeous! I love your maxi skirth!!

Lea  – (May 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM)  

It looks nice and high waisted how you're wearing it now. Guess you'll have to just always wear a belt with it? Which is totally fine, because I like it a lot :)

I have a hard time wearing maxi/midi skirts too. I've found that casual collared blouses work well. I actually wore a midi skirt in my last post.

Meesh  – (May 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM)  

Lea: A collared blouse sounds like a great idea. Maybe something with a bit more of a shirtwaist look could work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP