the festival

And by "festival," I mean our town's annual Apple Harvest Festival. (Emphasis on APPLE, not HARvest. Don't think we didn't hear you, out-of-towners.) It's the last weekend and the weather was uncommonly sunny, so I went downtown today to check out the craft booths and grab a few snacks.

Apparently, so did the rest of the known world. Sunburn and cranky, jostling crowds are not the best circumstances for taking photos. Or walking. Wish we'd documented it Friday night instead, when it was mostly random gangs of middle schoolers and people gathered to applaud the festival's version of American Idol. (I stuck around that only long enough to hear a contestant change the lyrics of Gaga's "You and I" to "My cool [our town] guy". Haha, no. The Connecticut radio version is lulzy enough, thanks.)

The only thing I ended up buying (besides food) is a bubble-blowing gun from one of the vendors. It's not that there weren't some nice things there (a beautiful carved puzzle box, some pretty coral pendants, hand-painted wooden Halloween decorations), it's that I'm so super broke this week! Might have made an exception if the pewter guy had been there. My mother has a whole collection of little pewter animals we've picked up over the years from previous Apple Fests. Haven't seen that booth in a few, though.

So long, festival season. Unless tomorrow I can't stand it, and just have to run out for one last enormous, cheese and sour cream drenched, fair-style baked potato. (What's that? I can stop any time I want to!)

WARDROBE:

skirt/top/shoes: Charlotte Russe
undershirt/tote: Aerie
sunglasses: gift

CAMERA:

Laura

The Cat Hag  – (October 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM)  

Awww these photos made me smile (and kinda cracked the clay facial mask I had on haha)!

The color and vibrant atmosphere of the carnival looks so wonderful, I bet that even with the crowds you had a ball. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

joy  – (October 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM)  

:D cotton candy! I love cotton candy.. and your top is so pretty.

Melissa Diamond  – (October 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM)  

Love your outfit! So beachy. Great blog! Following: )
sequinshoesstrawberries.blogspot.com

Amber Blue Bird  – (October 10, 2011 at 8:36 AM)  

oh gosh i love festival food, fried dough is my one true weakness. really liking your skirt and despite the crowds you got some great shots.

Stop by & enter my Itunes Gift Card Giveaway!

Ana L.  – (October 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM)  

Great outfit but I'm in love with your top! Adorable blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP