cinematographic: evy o'connell, the mummy


proud of what i am

Funny how the more editing I do on these collages, the fewer Polyvore views I get! Can't help it; it's fun. (And it helps to hide some of the problems with poor product images. Just saying.)


Although The Mummy had some terribly corny horror movie moments where I really wish someone had restrained themselves, I still think it was a pretty good successor of the Indiana Jones films. You've got your plucky, ragtag group of bantering heroes, a classic storyline, compelling visuals (only for 1999, in some instances), and the movie didn't take itself so seriously that there couldn't be slapstick. I know it caught plenty of flack, when it first came out, for the stereotyping, which I agree is a black mark on the film. Also a shame, because some of those characters could have been great.

These images of Evy are from the second film in the franchise, which was fun and had some great shots, but didn't quite capture me like its predecessor. The Mummy Returns is plagued (ba-dum-ching) with action sequences that are too long and too silly, the annoying kid, and a nonsense plot. Still, it's gorgeous to look at.


The Mummy Returns images from Eirythe's album, since I don't actually own any of these films. Yet.

Lucy The Valiant  – (June 24, 2011 at 4:55 AM)  

Ok, no lie, that was my favorite movie in high school! And I wanted to look JUST like Evie!

The Cat Hag  – (June 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM)  

You know my favourite treasure hunting show has to be National Treasure.

I am not a Nicholas Cage fan but I thought the show's pacing was pretty good, almost as exciting as Da Vinci Code!


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP