all the noise and the hurry

Wardrobe:
dress: Target
top: Arizona Jeans
sunglasses: gift
bag: Dandelion Daydreamer on Etsy
jewelry: vintage

Camera:
Laura

We had decided on checking out one of the local orchards today to see if they had any picking going on, but apparently nothing's happening until later in the summer. So instead, we ended up downtown scoping out the scenery. That's pretty much all you can do downtown on a Monday, as most of the little shops are closed. Did pick up some great peach ice cream, though (thank you, Praline's, for having plenty of non-chocolate options!)

The area makes for nice pictures, but the problem with not living in a city is that people stare at you when you're doing something out of the ordinary. Do other bloggers feel this self-conscious about doing fashion photography in public? I didn't so much mind the restaurant worker giving us the "lol weirdos" glance while he was doing his thing, but what the hell was up with all those people in line at the bank ATM just plain staring? Ugh, this town. Mind your business.

Laura also grabbed a few practice shots with the Polaroid Land 210 camera, just to see if she can get it working normally. Some weird stuff happened while she was using it, and I scanned the pictures horribly, so the results are a little on the unconventional side (my favorite type!)

La Fille D'or  – (June 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM)  

Well.. I live in the city and we still get stares - I'm shy about street shots mostly - I do have to say that downtown looks adorable : )

Marija - Victima Perfecta  – (June 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM)  

Lovely! :D That combination si pefect :) I really like that brown top, bolero, how should I call it :P
First picture is amazing ;)

Kelly-Ann Maddox  – (June 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM)  

I feel self-conscious at times. When I'm outside I go to a really quiet area but whether I'm taking the shots with self-timer or my boyfriend is doing them, I do feel weird about people walking by. It takes guts in a way..

I love the outfit. Great bag.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP