a rather blustery day

From the responses to my question in the last outfit post, I see that I was wrong to think it might be easier snapping blog pictures in a city. Guess nosy people are everywhere. I actually had a nice experience with watchers, though, on yesterday's day trip to one of the state beaches. Rather than getting the usual uncomfortable stares, there were a lot of indulgent looks and even smiles from my fellow beach-goers. Thanks for the good vibes, people.


MEESH'S WARDROBE
sunhat: Forever21
crop top: vintage
swim skirt: vintage
bikini: Pacific Sunwear
sunglasses: Windsor

LAURA'S WARDROBE
sunhat: Charlotte Russe
sweater: Target
jean shorts: Tilt brand
bikini: possibly Pacific Sunwear
sunglasses: Windsor

CAMERA:
Laura and Meesh

This was one of those days where I was rather pointedly reminded of the benefits of renting a cottage over single-day beach trips. Eighty degrees, the forecast said. No clouds. Beautiful weather. Sure, this was true...up until we actually got to the beach! Laura and I spent about an hour huddled under towels, with my mother (and probably some onlookers) snickering at us before we all decided to abandon the ocean area for warmer breezes. There are a series of bike trails and walking paths close to the beaches at Hammonasset that are protected from the wind by a few dunes, so we spent some time there instead. Much improved, although still too chilly to go swimsuit only!

You might have noticed that the two of us went with fairly dissimilar coverups. Although (being sisters) we like to swap clothes when we can, Laura and I disagree pretty strongly about how to style them!

Mio Tamura  – (July 1, 2011 at 2:34 AM)  

what an awesome post, looks like you girls had fun. I'm really close to my sister too, but she's so small and so I can't swap clothes with her! boo!
hey thanks for your lovely comment!
cheers

La Fille D'or  – (July 1, 2011 at 10:48 AM)  

aww fun a beach day - How can people not be happy when at the beach ? : ) You guys look adorable.

The Cat Hag  – (July 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM)  

I am in love with these photos babe, the color of the sky is so amazing!!!!!!!!

And you look fabulous with your hat, and your vibrant smile! ♥

Just needed to tell you reading your blog always makes me very happy, and I just knew you would understand bout my brooch holes fixation haha.


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP