always a rainy day, man


At this time of year, I seem to keep coming across slightly bogus magazine and blog features about bulking up on seasonal wear. I only say "bogus" because, to be honest, most of the advice never really seems practical to me. It's like fall clothing is supposed to last through winter, and uh, no. A pair of short snow boots and a light trench is really not gonna cover it where I live, guys.

I think we just have too much weather here, so I can't really buy into that whole "get your winter wardrobe for under $100" thing. For winter alone, I need things for knee-deep snow days, there-is- a-fucking-blizzard-oh-god days, freeze-ass windy days, miserable sleet and slush days, just plain rain, and the regular cold barren days. All of these require different coats and shoes, frankly. (Although I have never been good about that. Sneakers in snow are...okay, but flats in rain? Whoops. )

On another note, I broke my favorite pair of sunglasses the other day and can't find new ones with dark enough lenses for me. Why does it seem like every lens out there is barely tinted?

WARDROBE:

flats/leggings/skirt: Charlotte Russe
shirt: Disney World (lmao no, really)

CAMERA:

Laura

Loretta  – (September 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM)  

I love your outfit and your bright red umbrella!xx

http://loretta-blog.blogspot.com/

The Cat Hag  – (September 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM)  

You look adorable, honey.

Like the one bright cheery spot in all that rainy gloom. :)

Hope things are well with you!


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Anonymous –   – (September 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM)  

I dislike the weather when you don't really know what to expect next. If you know that there's rain everyday you can plan your day according to that, but if you expected sun and get rain instead, well, somehow the whole day is bad from the beginning for me ^^ I like your red umbrella, makes the rain a little more friendly-looking.

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark  – (September 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM)  

I know what you mean! Fashion is not really conducive to weather haha. I just wear multiple layers of leggings with dresses and varying heavy boots and pray I stay dry.
I like your outfit here, especially the skirt. Its such a pretty color.

Mitha Komala  – (September 18, 2011 at 5:05 AM)  

i love your skirt and flats, fab! I love your blog, all contents are amazing <3
follow me if you love to, and i'll follow you back :)

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

Mikimoto Angel  – (September 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM)  

The rain made the scenario of this shoot so dramatic. It's so nice, and I'm loving the whole ensemble on you. :-)

I'm a new follower. I hope you follow me back.

Much love from Mystic Nymph.

Birgit  – (September 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

Hi there,

Thanks to Anna’s great Practical
Magic blog party website
I know that you are taking part in the event. I
have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post
anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites
which inspired me are:

Post Secret
Walt Disney
Confessions


Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie
1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my
dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your
mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as
soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de.
Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing
x-rated!

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP