the window


Today, my outdoor shots were foiled by the weather actually being too nice for pictures! (Bright afternoon sun is not conducive to taking good outfit photos. At all.) I love fashion photography, but since basic head-to-toe shots would have been a bit repetitive without the whole outdoor gear getup I had on earlier today, I thought I'd practice making the indoor shots in more of a narrative style. Would love to start playing with cinematic photography at some point.

Let me tell you, framing (and focusing) this kind of thing is really difficult when you're doing self portraits, though!



I almost want to put little black boxes around these, like in screencaps. Or maybe play around with cinematic colors.


No?


dress: F21
tights: Lord&Taylors
shoes: Charlotte Russe
bag: Dandelion Daydreamer
hat: Contempo Casual, back in the 90s!

Next project: redecorate bedroom so that it does not look like a little girl lives there.

Unknown  – (April 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM)  

following you on bloglovin! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

The Cat Hag  – (April 22, 2011 at 5:22 AM)  

You look beautiful, I like how the photos turned out. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

mari  – (April 22, 2011 at 2:37 PM)  

celestial pictures.
the hat is oh so lovely.
amazing outfit too!
x


themerrimari.blogspot.com

Julia  – (April 24, 2011 at 7:41 PM)  

Lovely! I love the indoor photo session :) Re: the hair from my post -- it's very easy. I just washed it and dried it until it was mostly dry, then braided about six braids into it and let them sit for about two hours. Then I undid the braids so the left loose crimps (so it would be all medieval) and then I just braided two inch sections on either side of my temples and pinned them like milkmaid braids, only positioned further back on the head. Wow, that doesn't SOUND simple. But it was :) I hope that helps!
xo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP