halloween come and me wan go home


This is what I've spent the last 6 weeks making, folks: Once Upon a Time Evil Queen Regina's velveteen riding jacket from episode 2x20. May the gods of sewing have mercy on my soul.

You'd think it wouldn't take so long, no? Yeah, me too -- but I think that every time I go to make a costume, and I am wrong every. single. time. I was right up to the wire, finishing just an hour before the party. I'm not super happy with the way it turned out, as some things really got rushed, but hell if the overall effect didn't look fantastic. And my sister was happy with it, so that's all that really matters. (...she says through clenched teeth.)

No, really, I was very much enjoying myself up until late-in-the-game setbacks happened (set-in sleeves are THE DEVIL.) It's been a long, long time since I last made clothes. If not for the deadline, I might have kept my good mood and moved right into a new project.

...maybe after a break, haha.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP