>> Thursday, June 6, 2013 – recipes
1.5 years is a pretty long hiatus, friends. Let me make it up to you with these killer muffins I baked today.
3 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of shortening
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of strawberry yogurt
1 1/2 sticks butter
1) Bowl 1: Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Bowl 2: Mix shortening with 1 cup of the sugar. Use the mixer if you want; mine's from the 70's and the motor kind of smells like burning, so I went old school with a spoon instead.
3) Dump everything into 1 bowl. It's going to be pretty dry, so add the yogurt while you stir. I picked strawberry because, uh, someone accidentally picked up 2 lbs of it instead of the plain type.
4) Coat your muffin tins with whatever you usually use. I'm a Pam person myself.
5) Fill each cup a little higher than half. For me this recipe usually makes 16-18 muffins.
6) Mix a little chopped fruit into each cup. I used strawberries in some and blueberries in others, but if you like a sweeter taste, go for vanilla chips or plain. A word of warning: too much fruit and they fall apart.
7) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Once the muffins have cooled, remove them from the tins and dip them in a bowl of melted butter. Roll them immediately in the remaining sugar (with cinnamon, if you like).
9) Watch your family fight over their favorite flavor.
Meesh (posting from a smartphone for the first time!)