ninety-five percent anticipation

Yeah, I know. The socks kind of ruin the whole outfit. It was laundry day, what do you want. And I still haven't figured out how to make leggings work with flats when bare feet are totally impractical, like with today's surprise cold weather. Guess I have to finally kiss summer warmth goodbye.

Practiced a little indoor photography today, in anticipation of snow months when I won't want to go outside for pictures. The lighting situation at my house creates quite a problem, however. It's great if you want subtle bits of natural light streaming into a shadowed room for portraits, but good luck getting a clear, crisp figure shot without bringing all kinds of extra lamps into the place. I'm just not cut out for that much planning! Hence these somewhat grainy, blurry photos from this morning.

It's been a busy week here, and there's plenty more to come, what with Halloween approaching and neither decorations nor costumes being finished. I love this holiday, but it could not come at a more hectic time. (Okay, that's a lie. If it happened during the November-January stretch I'd probably cry.) Hope to have some pictures of this year's projects posted soon.

WARDROBE:

ruffle shorts/leggings: Forever21
tunic/flats: Charlotte Russe
cardigan: New York&Co

SET:

super-cute ghost mugs: Target's awesome Halloween section
refrigerator decoration: all silhouette paper cutouts by me
little pumpkins: the sad, bizarre result of this year's backyard pumpkin crop

CAMERA:

Me and the continuous timer, this time!

liz  – (October 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM)  

i like the socks! as to leggings and flats.. i tend to wear trouser socks under mine [you have to put the socks on first to avoid bunchy chaos] or semi-matching brightly colored ankle socks. sometimes i get the weird 1/2" ankle gap which can be chilly.

and the itty bitty pumpkins are adorable!

Nnenna  – (October 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM)  

I love the Halloween decorations in your home! And those mugs in the first picture are so cute :)

star-crossed smile

Natalie Sanders –   – (October 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM)  

love your fall decor! and love the last pic! very nice!

http://sweetandsimple77.blogspot.com/

Anonymous –   – (October 26, 2011 at 4:43 PM)  

I actually like the socks also! That last photo is beautiful. I haven't seen the fall leaves since I moved from Jersey fifteen years ago. Fall used to be my favorite season so I miss it a lot. I found your blog on the comment you left on my budget blog group on IFB, and I am now following on bloglovin :) Take care and happy blogging ♥

Unknown  – (October 27, 2011 at 12:31 AM)  

I like the socks too!! and those mugs are super cute ^^
I'm following from IFB. xox

Unknown  – (October 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM)  

oh my God! I like the glass! It's sooo cute! <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP