cinematographic: snow, glass, fashion


Just watched the trailer for one of the Snow White adaptations coming out, this one called Snow White and the Huntsman. My first impression of it is that although there are some interesting ideas and artistic beauty going on, overall it looks like it's not going to be so great. I got a distinct The Brothers Grimm vibe from it, is all I'm saying. Considering the bizarre shoehorning in of battle sequences, menfolk, and the serious scenery-chewing, I'm thinking this might be a mess on the level of most fantasy movies these days. And by that I mean hammy without the charm of being purposefully hammy.

Also did not love the not-so-iconic styling given to Kristin Stewart, who plays Snow White in the film. Hence today's collage, with Morena Baccarin, a.k.a. Anna on V, giving something a little more striking.

The Cat Hag  – (November 13, 2011 at 2:32 AM)  

I know what you mean about loving adaptions of classic stories.

I have never heard of this upcoming movie, but am definitely gonna google it now. It sounds so interesting. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

JustPatience  – (November 13, 2011 at 6:05 AM)  

Very cute dress. Love the flats too.

Patience
Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

Anonymous –   – (November 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM)  

I agree with your impression of the trailer. To me it seems like more than half of the movie's budget went on the actor's paychecks than on the actual film. This seems to be turning into a trend lately. Movies are choosing to cast big name actors who don't really put much effort into their acting on smaller films and the films just end up missing something.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

current inspirations

search me

Photo Info

All personal photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated. Not that you'll want them, but please drop me a message first for permission before using my pictures elsewhere. granniesguide@gmail.com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP